With Statusbrew, brands can now view, filter, label, reply, and analyze App Store reviews at scale.
In this Article:
App Store Connect Setup
To generate the API key:
- Log into App Store Connect.
- Navigate to Users and Access
- Click the plus icon to add a key
- Enter a name for the key. Sprout recommends choosing a descriptive name like "Statusbrew Review."
- Open the dropdown menu under Access and select Admin. Admin permission is required to enable replying to reviews in Statusbrew.
- Click Generate. A new API key appears in the Active table.
- Click Download API Key.
Once you’ve downloaded the API key from App Store Connect, you can upload the key in Statusbrew. You’ll need the downloaded API key as well as the Issuer ID and the Key ID from the Keys tab in App Store Connect.
- From your Statusbrew dashboard, navigate to Settings
- Go to the Profiles menu and click on Add Profile
- Select App Store
- Now paste the Issuer ID and the Key ID. You can find these IDs in App Store Connect by navigating to Users and Access > Keys.
- Upload the .P8 API key you downloaded in step 8.
Apple App Store Review Management
All your App Store reviews will be available in the Engage Inbox. You can see the app rating, review & reviewer details along with the app version code.
To respond to the review, simply type out your response or use saved replies.
Additionally, you'll be able to filter and label reviews with ease and communicate with your team without ever losing the context.