With Statusbrew, brands can now view, filter, label, and analyze App Store reviews at scale. You can also understand how your app is rated versus the competition.
In this Article:
Set up App Store Review Tracking
Here's how you can set up review tracking in Statsubrew for your iOS App.
- From your Statusbrew dashboard, click on Settings
- In the Settings menu, click on Channels > Add New Channel
- Now click on the App Store icon in the channels menu
- In the App Store connect screen, start by searching for your iOS app
- Select your app from the dropdown
- In the next dropdown, you can select up to 10 countries for review tracking (Your home country will be selected by default, you can choose to remove it and select another country)
- Click on Submit; on the next screen; you can add your new iOS app to a profile group and set up team member permissions for it
- Click on Save once you're done
- Click on See my reviews to go to Engage and see your App Store Reviews
Apple App Store Review Management
All your App Store reviews will be available in the Engage Inbox. You can see the app rating, review & reviewer details along with the app version code.
To respond to the review, click on the timestamp below the review, for instance, "4d" in this instance. You will be redirected to your App Store account, wherein you can send a quick response.
Additionally, you'll be able to filter, label reviews with ease and communicate with your team without ever losing the context.
Region Based Tracking
Apple App Store Ratings are country specific. Statusbrew allows you to view ratings/reviews for your iOS app across 10 regions.
You can monitor how your competitor's app is rated on App Store via the Engage Inbox. Repeat the process of adding the iOS app in Statusbrew. This time search for your competitor's app instead of your own app.
You can set up different Views in Engage to stay updated on customer feedback for your competitor's app.