To ensure a seamless connection and to avoid any issues in the process, we recommend you go through this article and ensure you meet the prerequisites and follow the process as described here.
In this article
WhatsApp Connection Checklist
✓ We recommend you use a new number, but you can use an existing number too
✓ Ensure you have Full Control Access to the WhatsApp Account in Meta Business Settings
✓ Please enable ALL the permissions for Statusbrew during the connection process
Connecting Your Number to Business Account
You need to add your number to your WhatsApp Business Account in order to connect it to a third-party app like Statusbrew. Once you add this number to your WhatsApp Business Account, you won't be able to use it anymore on the WhatsApp mobile app.
In the case of an existing number, to migrate a number -
- You must first delete your existing account - WhatsApp Messenger or WhatsApp Business App account
- Once you have deleted your account, then you can add this phone number to the business account
Steps to Delete Your Existing Account
You can definitely use a phone number that is already registered with WhatsApp Messenger or the WhatsApp Business App. But to migrate this number, you must first delete the WhatsApp Messenger or WhatsApp Business App account.
Remember to back up your chat history from the WhatsApp Messenger or Business App before deleting the account. Here are guidelines to do so for Android or iOS.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger or WhatsApp Business app on your mobile (Android or ios)
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Account
- Select the Delete my account option
(Messages sent to this phone number will be queued in the meantime)
- Follow the prompts and delete the account for this number
(It may take up to 3 minutes for the disconnected number to become available)
Steps to Add Your Number to the Business Account
Follow these steps to add your number to your Business Account -
(For existing as well as new numbers)
You will need Full Control Access in the Meta Business Suite for adding your number to the Business Account.
- Go to WhatsApp accounts in Meta Business Settings
- Click on the Add WhatsApp account button in the center
Click on the +Add Button beside the search bar if you've already connected one or more numbers previously
- A dialog appears
- Follow the prompts, fill in the details, and add your account to the business account
(They'll ask for your business information like tax id number, card details, etc.)
You need to add your business and billing details for setting up the payment. The number of conversations are charged after a certain limit and are managed via WhatsApp Manager in Meta. Read to know more.
Do's and Don'ts of WhatsApp Connection with Statusbrew
|1.||Prefer to use a New Mobile Number||When you connect your phone number to Statusbrew for WhatsApp, you won't be able to use it anymore on the WhatsApp mobile app.|
|2.||Use a Mobile Number that can be verified by SMS or Phone Call||Use a phone number that can be verified through SMS or phone call. WhatsApp requires a valid and verifiable phone number to establish a connection, ensuring reliable and secure communication with your audience.|
|3.||Update the Contact Number in Public Communications||If you use a new number, ensure prompt updating of your phone number in all public communications when making a change. By providing customers with updated contact information, you direct their queries and support needs to the right place, fostering efficient and effective customer support.|
|4.||Set up Team Inboxes and Rules to directly assign conversations||You can set up separate team inboxes for WhatsApp and create Rules to assign conversations to concerned team members automatically and also set up customized notifications, add tags, etc.|
|1.||Avoid using IVR numbers or phone trees||IVR numbers, phone trees, or 1-800 numbers are not acceptable as they do not meet WhatsApp's verification requirements which could lead to complications during the integration process.|
Steps to Connect WhatsApp Business Account to Statusbrew
To connect your WhatsApp Business Account to Statusbrew -
- From the left nav, click on Settings
- Go to Profiles and click on the Add Profile button
- Now select WhatsApp from the list of networks
- Click on the Connect WhatsApp button
- You'll now be redirected to Facebook
- Log into an existing account
- Select the WhatsApp Business Accounts you want to use with Statusbrew and click Next
- Now select the Businesses you want to connect with Statusbrew and click Next
(You need to select the account as well as the concerned business as well. If you don't select either of the two, you'll face issues in establishing a successful connection)
- Enable all the permissions for Statusbrew
(We need all the permissions we're asking for, here's why)
- Click Done
- Click on Ok, and you'll be redirected to the Statusbrew Platform
- Select your WhatsApp Account from the shown list and connect your account to Statusbrew
If you're not able to find your desired WhatsApp Account, read Troubleshooting WhatsApp Connection.