Now that you're familiar with the concept of spaces, let's see how to create and manage the spaces.
In this Article:
Creating a Space
Spaces or workspaces can be created by the primary owner or owners by following these steps -
- Go to Statusbrew Home by clicking on the Statusbrew logo in the top left corner
- Click on the name of your current space in the top right corner
- You'll see a list of all the spaces that you're a part of
- Now click on Create new space option at the bottom of this list
- Give your space a Name and click on Create button
Your space is created, and now you can connect your social profiles.
When you're a part of multiple spaces, you can switch spaces in two ways.
- From your Statusbrew home, click on your current space in the top right corner. A list of all the spaces - that you're a part of appears. Now you can choose the space you wish to move to.
- Click on your Profile Avatar in the bottom left corner. Now click on the arrow beside your current space. A list of all the spaces - that you're a part of appears. You can now select the space you want to move to.
Sometimes you can encounter situations where you need to rename your spaces.
Only owners and primary owners can rename spaces.
To do so -
- Open the space that you want to rename
- Go to its Settings
- Click on the Rename Space option
- Now enter the new name and click on Rename Button
Adding members to spaces
You can grant them access to particular spaces either while inviting them or later on updating their access. The user roles and permissions can be decided accordingly. Users and user groups - both can be added to specific spaces and marked as admin. In the case of user groups, if you mark them as admin - all the users that are a part of that user group will have admin access for that particular space.
To add users to space while inviting them to the platform -
- Go to Settings and click on Users
- Click on the Add Users button in the top right corner
- Fill in the details like first name, last name, and email
- Add the user to relevant user groups
- Now, if you mark the user as owner - he will have access to all the spaces in the organization by default
- Or you can add the user to specific spaces and choose to mark as admin for selected spaces
- Click on Add to invite the user
(You can add multiple users at a time)
To update access for users or user groups to specific spaces
- Go to Settings and click on Users/ User Groups
- Click on the three-dot menu beside the user or user group and select edit
- Now under Spaces, click on the +Add to space button to add them to a space
- You can Mark as admin for desired spaces
- Click on Update to save the changes