If you don't want to see the Tweet updates from certain users on your Twitter timeline and you do not want them to know about it, you can simply mute those users without unfollowing or blocking them.
Muted users will not know that you’ve muted them and you can unmute them at any time. However, muted users will still be able to view and retweet your Tweets and even send you a DM.
Mute A Twitter User
- In the Audience > Manage section, choose any list from the criteria drop-down menu just above the search bar
- Select one or more users whom you want to mute from your activity list
- Open the multi-select actions menu and choose Mute
- Click Mute button adjacent to each selected user profile you want to mute
Unmute A Twitter User
- Login to your Twitter account
- Go to your Settings (click on your profile icon and select Settings from the menu)
- Click on Muted accounts
- You can unmute the profiles by clicking on the adjacent Unmute icon
To learn more about the Mute feature, click here.