The CSV upload (or the Bulk Upload) feature empowers you to be more productive and helps you to focus on curating the content that resonates with your target audience.
All you need to do is create a CSV file that contains all the posts, including the image links and simply schedule it using Statusbrew Composer. A CSV is a comma-separated value file which allows data to be saved in a tabular format.
Creating your CSV
To create your own CSV file you may use Google Sheets, Numbers (on Mac), Microsoft Excel (on Windows/Mac).
You can create a CSV file in one of the two possible layouts depending on whether you assign posting date and time to each post individually or assign a previously created Category to your CSV file.
- The Date-Time CSV can contain three columns. The first column contains the date and time of your post, the second column contains the content of your post and third column (optional) contains image URLs of your post (you can also add GIFs links in CSVs for Twitter and Facebook). You can start by downloading sample Date-Time CSV.
Below is how a Date-time based CSV will look like:
- The Pre-select Schedule CSV can contain two columns. First with the content of the posts and the second (optional) with your image URL (you can also add GIFs links in CSVs for Twitter and Facebook). While uploading this type of CSV file, you’ll have to assign a category to it. You can start by downloading sample Pre-select CSV.
Below is how a Pre-select schedule CSV would look like:
You’ll be using two or three columns in your CSV, depending on the type of CSV file you are making, as discussed below:
In case you are making a Date-Time CSV, this will be the first column otherwise, skip it.
Add posting time in GMT format (mm/dd/yy hh:mm).
For example, if you want to add time for a post scheduled for 3:30 PM on December 23, 2017, you will need to enter it like 12/23/17 15:30.
This will include the text of your post. This can also include the URL to any of your blog/video links, discount coupons, or anything else. For Instagram, the links will not be going out as an active link but only as text.
You can add the URL of your images that you wish to publish with your posts. Please note that these image URLs must be publicly accessible. In case you don’t have a publicly accessible URL of the image, you can create it via popular services like Imgur, Flickr, and Photobucket. For Instagram, the image URL column is mandatory.
Once you have filled all the content in the CSV file, you need to save the file in .csv format or download as a CSV file if using Google Sheets.
Uploading your CSV
- On Statusbrew dashboard click on the composer icon just below the Statusbrew logo and choose the CSV upload option
- From there, select the profile that you want to schedule the CSV for
- Now, choose the type of CSV that you are uploading. In case, you choose the Pre-select schedule CSV, you’ll also have to choose a Schedule from the category drop-down
- If you wish to shorten the URLs that you have added to your post content, activate the link shortener. We recommend using this feature as shortening a URL will help you manage and track the reach of your content that is coming up via those shortened links
- Now, just upload the CSV
Hence, scheduling bulk posts at once for all your social media channels would not only help you save a plenty of time but instead you would be able to utilize your time in your further engagements as well.
Once you have scheduled a post, you can always make further changes to it from the Planner, before it gets published.
Note: The CSV upload feature is only available on Statusbrew Web app. This feature isn't accessible in our mobile apps. However, our premium mobile subscribers can shift to Statusbrew Web app to be able to make the best out of this feature.