There may be instances where your social media profiles or pages get disconnected from Statusbrew. Before you know the steps to re-authenticate, here are the most common causes and the steps you can take to avoid the re-authentication problem in future.
Twitter is very strict when it comes to controlling spam and automation. Intentionally or Unintentionally, when you use your account in a certain way, Twitter considers your profile to be automated and logs you out. This is when your account needs to be re-authenticated with Statusbrew.
To avoid being asked to re-authenticate often, here are a few things you can take care of:
- Use the Twitter native app/website often to make new posts and interact with your followers
- Avoid following/unfollowing aggressively (Too many or Too fast)
- Pause after you've done a bunch of them and resume later
- Spread the activity evenly through different times of the day
- Avoid using too many apps for your Twitter profile
- Maintain a good follower-following ratio
After you re-authenticate, we recommend you use the native Twitter app for the next few hours (or even a day) and avoid any other third-party apps.
There are two possible reasons for LinkedIn profiles or pages to be needed to re-authenticate:
- Your LinkedIn profile/page will disconnect from Statusbrew every 60 days. This is a requirement of LinkedIn's API. Kindly re-authenticate it when asked to keep your scheduled posting continued.
- Posting more frequently than the daily permitted limit (100) for LinkedIn can mark your profile/page for spam and disconnect you from Statusbrew.
There are three possible reasons for Facebook profiles to be needed to re-authenticate:
- Your Facebook page will disconnect from Statusbrew every 90 days. This is a requirement of Facebook's API. Kindly re-authenticate it when asked to keep your scheduled posting continued.
- If an Administrator's role changes within Facebook, the connection between Statusbrew and the page will be lost. We recommend users keep this in mind before editing User Roles.
- If the password to the login of a native network is changed by the Admin of the page or profile, a disconnection from Statusbrew can occur.
- Posting more frequently than the daily permitted limit (25) for Facebook can mark your profile/page for spam and disconnect you from Statusbrew.
(From July 31, 2018, you will no longer be able to manage personal Facebook profiles in Statusbrew. Learn more).
Instagram re-authentication is needed if your profile is logged-in by you on a new or unrecognized device. Keeping in mind the security of your profile, you're disconnected from all third-party applications your profile is connected to, including Statusbrew. Hence the need to re-authenticate.
How To Re-authenticate?
For re-authenticating any of your profile or page,
- Login to your Statusbrew account
- From the bottom left button, choose App Settings
- Click on the Reauthenticate button next to a profile or page and follow the steps asked on your screen.