It's possible to set up your own custom link shortener to use with Statusbrew's Publish, if it's registered with Bit.ly. This works great when your client or brand already has a custom domain and would help you maintain their identity and recognition. Branded Short Domains drive more than just brand impressions and visibility – they can drive up to a 34% increase in CTR.
You can add a different shortening link for each client or sub-brand for the best experience.
In order to connect one or more custom branded Bit.ly links,
- Login to Statusbrew
- From the button on the bottom left, navigate to Admin > App Settings
- Click on Manage Apps from the left side-bar under Integrations
- Click on Manage button in front of Bit.ly
- Enter your Bit.ly account credentials and Authorize Statusbrew on the next page
Adding New Short Domain
With your Bit.ly connected, you can now add your domains. This step opens automatically when you add a new Bit.ly account.
- Click on Add New Bitly Short Domain after you've completed the above steps
- Make you select the right Bitly User
- Select the Shortening Domain you'd like to use
- Choose the Group under which you have the profiles you need to use this domain for
- Click Save
This completes your process of setting up your first Custom Short Domain. You can set up Multiple Domains for different groups which depends on which group your sub-brands or the clients' profiles are added to.
Adding A New Bit.ly User (Account)
If you'd like to add a new Bit.ly user account, follow the first 2 steps to add a New Short Domain followed by clicking on Add New Bitly User on the Bitly settings popup window.
Get the best out of your Bitly integration by creating Groups. Groups are a must for Agencies to keep all the profiles of one client together and separate from the rest of the clients, assuring complete privacy for each client.
Learn more about Groups and Team Members access in Statusbrew here.