Every business is structured differently. Statusbrew is built to complement your business, not reshape, your company’s unique structure. This guide explains how to successfully structure your account and profiles and set permissions for individual users in a way that makes the most sense for your business.
What's an Organization
A Statusbrew organization is an overall structure of how your company’s employees and social media networks are organized within Statusbrew. It is comprised of a group, team members and social networks, which can reflect the structure of your own company within the Statusbrew dashboard. The level of access that Group members in an organization have is controlled through permissions.
The moment you create a Statusbrew account, by default an organization is made with a Business Name that you filled while creating the account. You can update the name of the organization from the App settings.
Now you’re ready to build out your organization.
To further structure your account, you can consider utilizing groups that act as a repository of related social media profiles. Groups help you to align your profile management and reporting with your business, agency or clients’ needs. Some common reasons why you would want to use groups are:
To clearly define user roles by granting specific profile and group access for each individual user or client
To streamline monitoring and engagement by grouping profiles based on language or geography
To separately manage reporting and social media profile for your clients
Create a Group
There are two ways using which account owners, admins, and users with permission to 'Manage Teams and Groups' can start creating a Group:
- One way is by clicking on Switch Group/Organization from the left side nav and selecting Add Group to create a new Group
The second way is by going to the profile avatar at the bottom left of your dashboard and navigating to App Settings > Group and Profiles, then click Create Group
- Now, enter the Group Name and then click Create
Archive or Edit a Group
Account owners, admins or anyone with the manage teams and groups privilege Archive or Edit a group. To start with it,
- Hover over the profile avatar at the bottom left of your dashboard and click on App Settings
- Click the three dots appearing on the group that you wish to remove. You'll find the options to Archive and Edit that particular group there
You can add a group back from the list of archived Groups.
Invite New Team Members
Account Owners, Admins, and users with permission to 'Manage Teams and Groups' can invite other Team Members to Statusbrew. Begin inviting new users to the Team by one of the following ways:
- Click on the Add Profile/Team Member button from the left side nav and choose Add Team Member.
Or, go to the profile avatar at the bottom left of your dashboard and navigate to App Settings > Team Members, then click on 'Invite Team Member'
- On the next screen, enter the invitee's First Name, Last Name, and Email Address and click Next
You now have to choose the permissions to be given to this team member and the groups they should have access to.
- Give your team members customized access to your Statusbrew account based on what they should be managing and click Save to assign the permissions.
Learn in detail about Assigning Permissions here.
Your team member will now receive an email with a unique link to join your organization, with the access you have defined above.