Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security for your Statusbrew account. Whenever you log in to your account, after entering your email address and password, you will be asked for a second authentication code from your smartphone using the Google Authenticator app.
By adding a second step to the login process, you can ensure that only you can log in to your account. Any malicious attacking effort will not only need your password but also access to your mobile device, in order to log into your account.
Note: Two Factor Authentication is only available in Statusbrew's Professional and Essential plan.
In this article:
Enabling two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator
Note: Any user can optionally enable or disable 2FA for their login.
One needs to have Google Authenticator installed on their iOS or Android device. Learn more here
- Hover over the Profile Avatar at the bottom left of your screen and click on "Your Account"
- Select Security Settings from the left side-nav and enable the Two Factor Authentication
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your phone and scan the QR code. Then, click Next
- Once scanned, the Google Authenticator app will display a 6 digit code.
Enter this code and click Next
- You would receive a confirmation prompt
Note: If you lose your phone, there's a possibility you could get locked out of your Statusbrew account. Please contact Statusbrew’s Support Team for recovering your account in such cases.
Disabling two-factor authentication in Statusbrew
Disable two-factor authentication on your account at any time.
- Hover over the Profile Avatar at the bottom left of your screen and click on Your Account.
- Select Security Settings from the left side-nav and uncheck the box to Revoke the access