Statusbrew’s Content Approval Workflows in Publish helps teams in an effective team collaboration by creating multiple-step and multiple user workflows that facilitate submitting, reviewing, approving, or rejecting outgoing posts.
This guide will help you understand how approval workflows work in Statusbrew.
Approval Workflows are only available in Statusbrew's Professional and Enterprise plan.
Configuring Approval Workflows
Account owners, admins, or team members with permissions to manage teams and groups can set up tailored content approval workflows for individual team members in a particular Group. They can customize the permissions to designate a specific team member as the approver.
Approval rules are applied to all posts scheduled by team members with limited or custom permissions requiring approval.
To begin setting up customized content approval workflows for your team,
- Go to the profile avatar at the bottom left of your screen and navigate to App Settings
- Under the App Settings menu, click on Team Members
- Tap on the name of the Team Member for whom you want to edit the access
- Under the Access to Groups menu, select the name of the group and click on the Publish Access drop-down menu
- You can now choose from providing Full Access, Needs Approval, Read-Only, and No Access
The user with Full Access can act as an approver of the post. This user will have full control of all the actions in the Publish section, including approving/rejecting a post, managing categories, and RSS feed sources.
However, the user with Needs Approval access has access to view all the posts in the Planner and create new posts. New posts that they create won't be published unless approved.
Sending A Post For Approval within Statusbrew
Submit posts for approval if you need more eyes on your copy or need any suggestions. Follow these steps to submit a post for approval,
- In the Compose window, create your post as usual
Add text, upload a photo, set a custom posting time or schedule by category (all these additions will be applied to the post if/when submitted for approval)
- To submit the post for approval, click the Approvers button and select the name of Team Member(s) to whom you wish to send the post for approval.
You have the option to submit the post as a draft or scheduled post
Posts awaiting approval will appear neatly under the Planner. As the original submitter, you can click on the scheduled post and edit its content. You can even edit the approver(s).
Team members in the workflow of creating and approving the posts will receive an email, mobile, desktop notification when the message is submitted.
Also, If you use Slack, you can connect your Statusbrew with one or more Slack channels or workplaces to receive the notifications. Learn more about Slack Integration here.
Approve A Post within Statusbrew
After the posts are submitted, approvers will find an easy-to-use interface for approving or rejecting them from within the Planner.
The Needs Review section of the Planner contains all the posts awaiting approval.
If you’d like only to view the posts awaiting approval, you can use the inbuilt filter “Post Status is” to filter all the posts that need approval.
Editing Or Approving A Post
To edit or approve any scheduled post, follow these simple steps:
- Under the Planner, click on any post awaiting approval to open the detailed view
- Click on the Edit post icon if you'd like to make some changes to the post
- If the post if good to go, simply click on the Approve button
Bulk actions can be performed on posts in Statusbrew Planner. Approvers can select multiple posts and approve them all at once. Not only this, but posts in Planner can also be bulk deleted or tagged.
Rejecting A Post
If you decide to reject a post, you can easily do so by following these steps:
- Under the Planner, click on any post awaiting approval to open the expanded view
- Click on the Reject button, and you'll get a dialogue box where you can select a Rejection reason and give any additional comment
- We have added a few most commonly used rejection reasons for you. You can update these from the App Settings under Rejection Reasons
The author of the post will find the rejected post in their Rejected queue. Click on any rejected post to view the approver’s rejection reason and notes. You can edit and resend it for approval, or delete it.
Other options under this view include Post Preview, Share Post, Edit Post, and Delete Post. You can even mention a team member(s) or add a comment to the post.