If you are experiencing issues while connecting an Instagram Business Profile to Statusbrew, this guide is for you.
Jump to any of the steps by clicking the links below.
- Checking if your Instagram is converted to a business profile
- Converting Instagram personal profile to business profile
- Connecting Instagram to the correct Facebook page
- You must be an admin on the Facebook page
- You must be an admin in Business Manager
- Setting up Facebook Business integration for this profile
- Still Facing Trouble Connecting Instagram Business Profile?
1. Checking if your Instagram is converted to a Professional Account
Begin with verifying that your account is a Professional Account (Business Profile) on Instagram. You can confirm this by going to your profile and confirming the availability of a Professional dashboard. Business Profiles will have a Professional dashboard.
When you tap on Professional dashboard, this window appears.
Statusbrew only supports connection with Instagram Business profiles and not the personal profiles.
2. Converting Instagram personal profile to business profile
To switch your account to a business account,
- Go to your profile and click Edit Profile
- Click on Switch to professional account
- Go to your profile and click the menu icon in the top-right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Navigate to Account and tap Switch to Professional account
Follow the next steps that give you a detailed idea of how a business account would be useful and click continue on each step.
- Then, you'll get options to convert your account depending on your type of profession. Click on the option that best describes your business and click Done.
- You'll get an option to choose between Creator and Business. Choose Business and tap Next.
Fill up your business details, like email preferences and contact information, and click Next.
- It is recommended to connect your business account to a Facebook Page that is associated with your business. This will let you use all of the features available for businesses. Also, this is important to connect your IG business account with Statusbrew
- Tap Done once all the steps for connecting the Facebook page are done
Only one Facebook page could be connected to your Instagram account
3. Connecting Instagram to the correct Facebook page
Once you have activated your Instagram Business account, it becomes necessary to check if you connected your Instagram to the right Facebook page. While the setting may show as connected on Facebook, you should still choose to verify the connection from Instagram’s end as well.
To start verifying, go to your profile again and click on Edit Profile. Check the name of the connected Facebook Page in the Business Information section. Confirm that the correct Facebook Page is selected.
If correct page is not connected, tap on the connected page, select Change or create page and select the Facebook page that you want to connect and tap on Done.
Note that if in case the connected Page appears to have the correct name but has no profile photo, the connected Page is most likely the one that Instagram created itself while you were converting to a Business Profile. This could be resolved by tapping on the Page that includes your profile photo.
If there are no traces of the correct Facebook Page at all, log into the Facebook Page to which you have admin access using Facebook's mobile app. If this process still does not show the correct Page, you’ll need to continue to the next step to check whether you have the correct admin access on the desired Facebook Page.
4. You must be an admin on the Facebook page
You need the status of Admin to connect an Instagram Business Profile or a Facebook Page to Statusbrew. To confirm the same, go to the associated Facebook Page and select Settings. Next, select Page Roles.
Your role must be displayed as Admin here. If you don’t have Admin status, contact an admin or the Page Owner for help. If you do have admin status on the Page and are still not able to connect your Page to Statusbrew, check the settings in Facebook’s Business Manager next.
5. You must be an admin in Business Manager
If your Facebook Page is set up through Facebook Business Manager, you require a separate setting from the Page permitting you with admin access to the entire Business Manager account.
To confirm that you have Admin status, next to the listed Page Owner, click View and scroll down to ensure that you are listed as a Business Manager admin.
If you don’t have Admin status, contact an admin or the Page Owner to help in connecting the profile to Statusbrew.
Business Manager permission settings are different from permissions in a Facebook Page. You should confirm that you have Admin status in the Business Manager that controls your target Page.
6. Setting up Facebook Business integration for this profile
If you have the required Page and Business Manager permissions for the associated Facebook Page, you’ll want to check your Facebook Business Integration settings.
To update the setting and allow Statusbrew access to your Instagram Business Profile, remove Statusbrew’s integration from Facebook.
Don't worry, doing this would not delete your profiles from Statusbrew. It would just require them to be reauthorized. Ensure not to check the Also delete all posts, photos, and videos on Facebook that Statusbrew may have published on your behalf box. Checking this option will delete any prior posts.
Head back to your Statusbrew account and follow the steps to reauthorize your Instagram Connection. This will reauthorize Statusbrew so that you can post to Facebook and Instagram across all of your profiles. Your Instagram profile should now be connected to Statusbrew.
Still Facing Trouble Connecting Instagram Business Profile?
Go through the steps below:
- Open the Facebook Page associated with your Instagram Business Profile. You can find your Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/pages
- Go to the Settings tab and click on the Instagram option. You will find the details of your connected Instagram account
- Check if there is any Review Account Connection warning
- Just click on the Review Connection button and follow the steps to complete the review process
- Once completed, try connecting your Instagram Business profile to Statusbrew again
If you have checked all these settings, however, you are still experiencing difficulties with connecting profiles to Statusbrew, please contact our Support Team.