If your organization uses Slack for workplace communication and team collaboration, you can integrate it with Statusbrew.
Statusbrew's Slack Integration will change the way Brands and Agencies can bring in their teams to collaborate in Social Publishing and Brand Monitoring right from their workspace. When you connect your Statusbrew with one or more Slack channels or workplaces, you would receive instant Slack notifications for all the activities performed in Publish and Engage Section.
Slack Integration is available in Statusbrew's Essential Plan as well as Plans above it. See full feature comparison of Statusbrew here.
How Slack Integration works with Statusbrew?
You can choose to receive the following notifications on your Slack channel:
- Bulk Upload
- Post Sent
- Post Deleted
- Post Approved
- Post Rejected
- Post Failed
- Note Added to a Post
- New conversation
- New message received on a conversation
- Conversation Replied
- Conversation Closed
- Conversation Re-opened
- Conversation assigned to a team member
- Note Added to a conversation
1. Connecting Slack with Statusbrew
Account Owners, Admins and Team Members with permissions to manage Integrations can set up and manage Slack Integration at an Organization level for all the team members. To begin connecting one or more workspaces,
- Choose Integrations from the left side nav and click on Manage button beside Slack
- Authorize Statusbrew on the next page
If you are not already logged into your Slack workspace, you will have to enter your Slack URL first and then you will be redirected to Authorize Statusbrew on the next page
Once you have successfully connected a Slack workspace, the next step is to Add Slack Alert
2. Setting up Slack Notifications (Alerts)
With your Slack connected, you can now set up Alerts. This step is triggered automatically when you add a new workspace.
- Click on Add Slack Alert after you've completed the above steps
- Make sure you select the right Slack Team
- Select the Channel you'd like to push alerts to
- Choose the Group under which you have the profiles you need to set up alerts for
- Pick the Notifications you'd like to push to the channel selected above
- Click Save
This completes your process of setting up your first Alert. You can set up Multiple Alerts which depends on where the concerned team members or clients are available or if the client is added to your Slack or you're a part of the client's Slack workspace.
3. Adding a new Slack Team
If you'd like to add a new workspace, follow the first 2 steps to set up Alerts followed by clicking on Add New Slack Team on the Alert settings popup window.
4. Managing Slack Alerts
Here's how you can remove the added Slack alerts in Statusbrew:
- Go to the profile avatar at the bottom left of your screen and navigate to App Settings > Integrations from the left side nav, then click on Manage button beside Slack
- Click on the Delete button in front of the alert to remove it, if you don't want to remove an alert but want to make a few changes to it, click on the Edit button.