Statusbrew lets you schedule multiple posts for all the connected social channels one at a time. Statusbrew only supports standard comma-separated value (CSV) file format for bulk upload.
The CSV Upload (or the Bulk Upload) feature in Statusbrew empowers you to be more productive and helps you to focus on curating content that resonates with your target audience.
Using CSV Upload feature:
- Users can schedule up to 400 posts (at once or in one upload).
- Users can schedule text, links as well as graphical (image, GIF, and video) content
To get started with scheduling posts in bulk, all you need to do is, create a CSV file that contains all the posts, including the Image, GIF, and Video links and simply schedule them using Statusbrew Composer.
In this article:
Creating your CSV
To create your own CSV file you may use Google Sheets, Numbers (on Mac), Microsoft Excel (on Windows/Mac).
You can create a CSV file in one of the two possible layouts depending on whether you assign posting date and time to each post individually or assign a previously created Category to your CSV file.
- The Date-time based CSV file can contain three columns. The first column contains the date and time of your post, the second column contains the content of your post and the third column (optional) contains graphic (image, GIF or video) URLs of your post. You can start by downloading sample Date-Time CSV.
Below is how a Date-time based CSV will look like:
- The Pre-select Schedule CSV can contain two columns. First with the content of the posts and the second (optional) with your graphic (image, GIF or video) URLs. While uploading this type of CSV file, you’ll have to assign a category to it. You can start by downloading this sample Pre-select CSV.
Below is how a Pre-select schedule CSV would look like:
You’ll be using two or three columns in your CSV, depending on the type of CSV file you are making, as discussed below:
- Date-Time column
In case you are making a Date-Time CSV, this will be the first column, otherwise, skip it.
Add posting time in GMT format (mm/dd/yy hh:mm).
For example, if you want to add time for a post scheduled for 3:30 PM on December 23, 2017, you will need to enter it like 12/23/17 15:30.
Set the times atleast 1 hour ahead from the current time, and subsequent posts must have a time difference of 1 hour as well.
- Posts column
This will include the text of your post. This can also include the URL to any of your blog/video links, discount coupons, or anything else. For Instagram, the links will not be going out as an active link but only as text.
- Image-URL column
You can add the URL of your images, GIFs, or videos that you wish to publish with your posts. Please note that these image URLs must be publicly accessible that do not require a login to view. When adding links from services such as Google Drive or Dropbox, you will want to ensure that the URL directs to the image itself, and not just a page showing the image. Typically the end URL will contain the image format (png, jpg, etc.). For Instagram, the image URL column is mandatory.
Note:Once you have filled all the content in the CSV file, you need to save the file in .csv format or download as a CSV file if using Google Sheets.
CSV uploading only allows you to attach 1 single image for each post. If you want to add multiple images, simply go to the Statusbrew Planner after uploading the CSV file, then go to the detailed view of the post and click on edit to add additional images.
We recommend the Windows users to save all the CSVs in the UTF-8 encoding only.
Uploading your CSV
- Click on the Home button in the top left of your screen to open Statusbrew Home and click on Bulk Schedule
- Click on + Choose Profile to reveal the Profile Picker, which allows you to choose the profile(s) belonging to your organization
- Now, choose the type of CSV that you are uploading. In case, you choose the Pre-select schedule CSV, you’ll also have to choose a category from the category picker drop-down
- If you wish to shorten the URLs that you have added to your post content, activate the link shortener. We recommend using this feature as shortening a URL will help you manage and track the reach of your content that is coming up via those shortened links
- Now, just upload the CSV
Once you have scheduled a post, you can always make further changes to it from the Planner, before it gets published.
The CSV upload feature is only available on Statusbrew Web App. This feature isn't accessible in our mobile apps. However, our premium mobile subscribers can shift to Statusbrew Web app to be able to make the best out of this feature.
Bulk Scheduling FAQs
My posts aren't going at the time that I added in my Date and time-based CSV. What should I do?
If you are adding your posting times within your CSV file, the interface will assume that the dates and times that you have added are in the GMT format. Hence, make sure that you add your scheduling times in the GMT format in a CSV file.
- I am a Windows user. I tried to save my CSV properly but it is still showing some errors. What should I do?
We recommend Windows users to set UTF-8 as their default character encoding to avoid upload errors. All the CSVs should be saved in the UTF-8 encoding only.