UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) parameters are a string of terms that you can use to track different links within Google Analytics.
Using UTM parameters along with your campaign links, you can eliminate this problem and effectively measure content performance, conversions, and influencer marketing ROI.
Campaign Tracking in Statusbrew
Campaign URL Builder in Statusbrew allows you to seamlessly add unique tracking data to all the links you publish through the Statusbrew Compose window. In addition to the default parameters like campaign name, source, and medium, you can also add custom parameters depending on what you need to track.
To add UTM parameters to your campaign links,
- Click on the Home button in the top left of your screen to open Statusbrew Home and click on Compose
- Create a post and click on Add URL/Link to add the URL
- On the bottom of the screen, click on the Campaign URL Builder button at the bottom of the screen and start adding UTM parameters to your links
There are 5 parameters you can add to your URLs - Campaign, Source, Medium, Term, and Content. For these parameters, you can choose to select a Custom Value or an Automated Entry based on Social Network, Profile Name, Profile User Name, or Tags.
Note that the default value of
utm_campaignis set to Custom,
utm_sourceis set to Social Network and that of
utm_mediumis set to Social
utm_contentparameters are optional to add. Click on Add Campaign Parameters to add them to your link. Learn more about UTM parameters
- Get a live preview of your link as you add the UTM parameters
- Once done, click on Save button
Now that you have known how to add custom UTM parameters to your posts, using Google Analytics evaluate the performance and ROI of your social campaigns sent from Statusbrew.
To see the Campaign reports, sign in to Google Analytics and navigate to Reporting -> Acquisition -> Campaigns to view your URL Tracking data.