Dark (Unpublished) Facebook Posts are created by businesses specifically for advertising. Unlike boosted posts, these posts do not appear on your page's timeline or in the feeds of your followers. Rather, they show up as sponsored content in the feeds of your target audience. Dark Posts are particularly useful for organizations where a separate team takes care of setting up the audience and ad budget for the posts natively from Facebook business manager.
Statusbrew allows all its users to easily publish Facebook Dark Posts directly from within Statusbrew's Compose window.
Publishing a Dark Post using Statusbrew
You can start scheduling Dark posts within Statusbrew by following these simple steps:
- Click on the Home button in the top left of your screen to open Statusbrew Home and click on Compose
- Click on + Choose Profile to select the profiles/profile groups for your connected Facebook accounts
- Create your post with text, media & link
- Create your post and click onicon and choose Dark Post to hide the post from your page timeline
- Now you can simply schedule the post for later or publish it right away
Although Dark Posts do not appear on a page’s Timeline or in fans’ News Feeds, they can be promoted as advertisements using the Facebook Power Editor (ad console within your Facebook page in Ads Manager > Power Editor).
Click to learn about Promoting a Facebook Post using Statusbrew.