Dark (Unpublished) Facebook Posts are created by businesses specifically for advertising purposes. Unlike boosted posts, these posts do not appear on your page's timeline or in the feeds of your followers. Rather, they show up as sponsored content in the feeds of your target audience. Dark Posts are particularly useful for organizations where a separate team takes care of setting up the audience and ad budget for the posts natively from Facebook business manager.
Statusbrew allows all its users to easily publish Facebook Dark Posts directly from within Statusbrew's Compose window.
Publishing a Dark Post using Statusbrew
You can start scheduling Dark posts within Statusbrew by following these simple steps:
- Click on the Statusbrew Logo in the top left of your screen to open Statusbrew Home and click on Compose
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top of the Compose window to select the desired group
- Next, click on + Choose Profile to reveal the Profile Picker, which allows you to choose the desired Facebook Page(s) belonging to the group that you selected in the above step
- Create your post and click onicon and choose Dark Post to hide the post from your page timeline
- Now you can simply schedule the post for later or publish it right away
Although Dark Posts do not appear on a page’s Timeline or in fans’ News Feeds, they can be promoted as advertisements using the Facebook Power Editor (ad console within your Facebook page in Ads Manager > Power Editor).
Click to learn about Promoting a Facebook Post using Statusbrew.