Statusbrew's Brand Keywords feature allows you to see how people are reacting to your product, brand, or a popular topic beyond your social feed. Using Brand Keywords, you can effectively search for keywords, hashtags, and brands on Twitter to uncover trends, analyze sentiment, and respond quickly in real-time.
Before you start, please take a look at
Setting Up Brand Keywords
Using Statusbrew's "Brand Keywords Monitoring", you can discover new audiences and get live updates of all the conversations happening around the target keywords. All the incoming conversations for your target keyword are segregated automatically into a separate inbox for better navigation.
Any Statusbrew user can add & manage Brand Keywords.
To add new keywords:
- From your Statusbrew Home, click on Engage
- Under the left side pane, click on Manage Brand Keyword
- Now click on +New Keyword & start by giving your search a name & adding your preferred keywords (you can also add the keywords you'd like to exclude from your search)
- Configure the visibility setting for your search & select the language & location as per your preference
- Click on Save if everything looks good, else, you can click on back and change your settings
Statusbrew creates a separate inbox for each brand keyword. All the conversations that fulfill it's search parameters will automatically be added to its inbox.
To update or delete a brand keyword,
- Click on the Manage Brand Keywords button
- Select any keyword query to see it's details
- The keyword detail screen will give you the options to update any parameter or delete the keyword query.
Learn how to build advanced listening queries with Twitter search operators to view feeds for a very specified content type.
Viewing Conversations For Your Keywords
There are two ways to view all the conversations for your saved Brand Keywords in Statusbrew.
1. You can either click on the Saved Inbox for your Keyword from the Inbox drop-down in Engage.
2. You can filter out the conversations for your Brand Keywords:
- Under the Engage Section, click on Add Filter and select Keywords
- Now you can choose from your added keywords to view all the conversations for that keyword