URL metadata is data that provides additional information about a website. Statusbrew allows you to customize (preview and edit) any metadata gathered from the link entered in Statusbrew's Compose.
Link customization is only available on LinkedIn Pages and Facebook Pages with verified domains. Get started with getting your domain verified for Facebook.
Customizing a URL in Statusbrew
In Statusbrew, the Link/URL preview includes the link’s thumbnail, title, and description. To get started with customizing a link's preview,
- In the Compose window, click on the drop-down menu at the top to select the desired group
- Next, click on + Choose Profile to reveal the Profile Picker, which allows you to select the LinkedIn and Facebook pages belonging to the group that you selected in the above step
- Create a post and add any link to the text box to generate link preview or simply click on the Add URL/Link button and paste your link
- Any metadata gathered from the link entered will display as a link preview
A link preview is generated whether a link is shortened or not.
- To edit metadata, click on the Customize Link Preview button below the preview.
Statusbrew allows you to edit the Link Title, Link Description along with the Preview image
- To edit the Preview Image,
- Hover your mouse pointer over the preview image
- Now click on Edit Image if you want to edit the cover image using our inbuilt image editor
- If you want to replace the image, simply click on the Change Image button beneath the URL thumbnail
- You can now upload an image from your computer or add it directly from our Asset Manager
- To edit Link Details,
- Click on Customize Link Preview
- To edit Link Title, simply start writing in the Link Title Box
- To edit Link Description, simply start writing in the Link Description Box
- Click on the Done button once you have edited the Preview Image and Link Details.
Thumbnail previews are automatically generated when available.