Statusbrew lets you take care of all your social media engagement in one easy-to-manage and customizable Inbox. With Statusbrew's Engage inbox, there are multiple actions that your team can perform on incoming conversations.
Also, Statusbrew offers discrete permissions, that permits only the allowed users to respond and perform actions on the conversation. Learn more about different permissions in Statusbrew.
Engage Inbox is available in Essential plan and above. See full feature comparison of Statusbrew plans here.
In this Article:
Engage Inbox allows you to take multiple actions on incoming conversations. For better understanding, we'll be dividing the actions into two types i.e. internal actions and network supported actions.
These actions are only visible internally within the Statusbrew platform and are applicable to all types of conversations from all the supported social networks. Let's take a detailed look at these actions.
By default any incoming conversation in Engage will have its status set to Open, you can change the status of the conversation to Close & Snoozed.
Close A Conversation
If a conversation you receive is single-ended or it doesn't warrant a response, you can close the conversation to clear your conversation list.
To close a conversation in Engage
- Go to Engage and open any conversation
- Once the conversation detail view is open, click on the checkmark icon in the top bar to close the conversation
- If you don't want to open the detailed view and would like to just close it in the conversation list itself, you can do so hovering your mouse pointer over the conversation in the conversation list and clicking on the close button
Snooze A Conversation
If you are in an open conversation with a customer and want to get back to it at a later time, let your customers know when you’ll get back to them and snooze the conversation. Snoozing a conversation will temporarily remove it from your conversation list for a time period set by you.
To snooze a conversation in Engage,
- While the conversation detail view is open, click on the clock icon to snooze the conversation
- You can snooze it for a time period of your choice, later that day, the next day, Monday, or for a week/month
Re-Open A Conversation
Engage allows you to go back to the conversations that you've previously closed and re-open them. If you wish to re-open any conversation that you've closed, set the filter to "Close". You can now either click on the open mailbox icon in the top bar or hover over the conversation that you want to open and click on Re-open.
Assign Conversations To Users & User Groups
Since Statusbrew is a platform built for teams, you can assign any to any conversation to a user & user group in Statusbrew. Here's how you do it,
- Click on the Unassigned drop-down option from the top left corner of your message window
- You’ll now see a list of your users & user groups that you can assign the conversation to, click on the name of any user / user group to assign the conversation to them
Social can be really busy and your inbox can be flooded with hundreds of messages daily. Engage makes it easy to deal with multiple messages all at once with Bulk Actions. You can easily filter similar types of conversations using inbuilt filters in Engage and bulk assign them to other users/user groups, or simply close them.
- Hover over any conversation in the conversation list and click on the checkbox beside the conversations you want to select. To select all the conversations at once, click on the checkbox in the top bar above conversations
- You can now choose to close the selected conversations at once by clicking on checkmark icon or assign it to a user/user group by clicking on the drop-down
- Similarly, you can also re-open multiple closed conversations at once. Set your filter to the ‘close’ status and perform the same steps as you did to bulk close conversations
Keep Track By Adding Tags
While managing social, your team has to deal with all kinds of conversations. Content Tagging helps you categorize your most important conversation, topics, and trends in your inbox. Over time, you'll gather valuable information about the types of conversation which you can see via our Tag Reports.
To tag a conversation in Engage,
- Open the conversation you want to add tags for, hover over it and click on the tag icon beside the conversation. You can now choose from your added tags
Sorting conversations in Engage
By default, all inboxes in engage sort conversations by Newest First. You can change the sorting option and view conversations by Oldest First using the sort button at the top of your inbox along with the filters.
Getting Started With Network Supported Actions
Now that we've covered all the internal actions available in Engage, let's move on to the Network Supported Actions in Engage. We're calling them Network Supported Actions since the availability of certain actions will vary according to the type of conversation and social network. Here's a table of all the available actions w.r.t to supported social networks.
Replying To Conversations
When you're all set to reply to incoming conversations, Engage gives you some pretty helpful features that can make responding to conversations a bit easier and saves you a lot of time.
- From the conversation list, open the conversation you want to respond to
- At the bottom of the conversation detail page, you'll have your reply box
- Once you're ready to reply, type in your response in the reply box and click on Reply. If you wish to close the conversation as you reply, click on Reply & Close
Statusbrew allows you to respond privately to comments on your Facebook page posts & your Facebook ad posts (Dark Posts). To reply privately to a comment or ad comment in Statusbrew,
- Click on the three-dot menu beside the comment & click on "Reply Privately"
- Now a dialog box will appear where you can type your reply, insert emojis or even add a Saved Reply as well
Private replies are currently allowed within 24 hours of the user commenting on your page post or ad posts.
Make Users & User Groups A Part Of Your Conversation
Often a conversation needs to be seen by another member of your team. They can be better placed to answer it, or you can benefit their opinion before replying. You can add notes and @mention any user or user group, and they'll be notified by email/slack.
- Click on "Internal Note," compose your note and click on Add Note to save it
Respond Effectively & Quickly
To make your replies more engaging, Engage lets you respond to incoming conversations quickly & effectively with features like Saved Replies, Emojis, Images/Videos, GIFs, and more.
- At the bottom left of the reply box, you get a bunch of icons
- To add emojis and any image/video to your replies, click on the emoji icon and image icon respectively
- If you wish to attach a GIF file to your replies, click on the GIF icon (powered by GIPHY) and make your replies more interactive
- Next up is the Saved Replies icon, you can pre-save responses in Engage and quickly reply to conversations in Engage by clicking on this icon
- You also get Send DM Link button (Twitter only), using which you can attach a DM (Direct Message) link to your reply
Choose The Way You Reply
Once you're done crafting your response, you can easily choose which profile you want to respond from (Twitter only). This comes in pretty handy if you're managing multiple social profiles for a single network. For instance, if you have a support handle to manage all support related queries, you can choose your support handle from the drop-down.
- From the "Reply Box", click on the drop-down next to "Reply as"
- You can also tag people whom you wish to reply back in a conversation if there are multiple people involved in the conversation. Click on the "Reply-To" bar and select or deselect the users involved in the thread (Reply-To is not available for Facebook conversations due to its API limitations)
Apart from the actions mentioned above, Engage also allows you to mark conversations as a priority, change conversation sentiments, add tags to conversations, translate conversations, and more. Let's see how you can perform each of these actions.
Prioritize Important Conversation
Conversations that are important and require the immediate attention of your team can be marked as priority in Engage. You can easily filter these conversations by setting the filter "Priority" to "True." To mark conversations as a priority, click on the conversation to open conversation detail and click on the Star icon.
Analyze & Manage Sentiment Of Your Conversation
Engage automatically analyses incoming conversations and assigns it a sentiment (Positive, Negative or Neutral). Managing sentiments of your conversations allow you to analyze your customer's opinion towards your marketing campaigns. You can manually change this sentiment by clicking the Emoji icon in the top bar.
Easily Connect With Foreign Customers
Translate any conversation in a foreign language in Engage and connect with audiences from across the world. Open any conversation you want to translate, hover over it, and click on the three-dot menu beside the conversation. Click on Translate to view the translated version
If you wish to translate all the conversations in a thread, click on the three-dot menu in the top bar and click on Translate All Messages
Moderate Your Comment Section With Ease
If you have trouble dealing with spam in your comment section, you can manually hide and delete comments within Engage. Open the conversation (comment) you want to hide/delete and click on the three-dot menu beside the conversation
Additionally, you can block (Facebook only) the user from commenting as well.
Statusbrew Keyboard Shortcuts
Statusbrew’s Engage Inbox also boasts a wide range of shortcuts that you can use to speed up your everyday processes:
Cmd + Enter= Send reply
Cmd + Shift + Enter= Send reply and Close/Open
s= Insert saved reply
a= Assign conversation
y= Close conversation
o= Open conversation
j= Next conversation
k= Previous conversation
?= Show shortcuts
Esc= Close window