Statusbrew supports video post creation, publishing, customization, and performance tracking. This article covers all the Statusbrew features available for creating, customizing & publishing video posts.
Statusbrew supports video uploads for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn (company pages only). Currently, you can only upload one video per post.
For Google My Business, video support is not available due to API limitation from Google.
Create A Video Post
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn all support video posts. Statusbrew enables you to create these types of posts in roughly the same way for each of the networks.
- From your Statusbrew Home, click on "Compose"
- Choose the social profiles/profile groups you want to publish your video post to
- Add your preferred caption for your video in the test
- Click on the "Add Media" button to upload your video
- Click the file area to open a local file browser. Choose the file to add from there.
- You can also upload the video from your "Asset Manager" or cloud drives such as Dropbox
When you are satisfied with your post, you can send the post for approval, schedule it, or post it immediately based on your publishing workflow.
Video Formats & Size
|Platform||Max Video Size||Max Duration||Format Support|
|512 MB||140 Sec||.mp4|
|Twitter Pro Media||1 GB||10 Min||.mp4|
|512 MB||60 Sec||.mp4|
|512 MB||30 Min||.mp4|
|512 MB||10 Min||.mp4|
Statusbrew's integration with the Twitter Pro Media API gives you the functionality to use your enhanced media features directly in Statusbrew. Learn More.
Add Or Select A Video Thumbnail
You can customize the thumbnail on your Facebook & Twitter video posts that will otherwise be automatically selected for you. This is recommended, as customized thumbnails can make the video much more compelling to potential viewers.
Upload An Image As Thumbnail
Uploading a custom thumbnail is currently only available for Facebook & Twitter video posts.
- Create a video post by following the instructions above
- Once you've added your video to your post in Compose, hover over the file area and click the 'Upload Thumbnail' button (top right corner of the thumbnail) that appears
- Select your thumbnail file in the file picker popup to add it to your post.
- The uploaded image will be used as a thumbnail on your video
If you wish to edit/remove or change your added thumbnail, hover over the file area again and click the 'Edit Media' button that appears.
You can also add video descriptions as well in the case of Twitter.
Add Captions To Video
Many videos on Facebook & Twitter are watched without sound. Algorithms also penalize videos without captions, making captions vital for achieving reach.
To help you with captions, Statusbrew supports the SubRip (.srt) file format. SubRip files are plain-text files that contain all subtitle information. They can be created with any professional video editing software.
Facebook recommends naming your .srt file in the following way: filename.[language code]_[country code].srt.
Here's how you can add captions in Statusbrew:
- Create a Facebook / Twitter video post by following the general instructions from earlier in this article
- Once you've added your video to your post in Compose, click the 'Upload' button underneath your uploaded video
- Add your .srt file and click 'Upload'