Engagement solutions work as efficiently as their notification systems. Statusbrew has a robust and dependable notification system that helps you provide the best engagement experience to your audience.
In this article, we are going to cover all the types of notifications you can set up in Engage.
- Troubleshooting Engage Notifications
To know how to set up these notifications and know more about the rule engine, read:
Notifications In Engage
Here are the events on Statusbrew and on social that you can set up notifications for.
- Conversation assigned to you
- Activity on the assigned conversation
- Mention anywhere in Statusbrew
Customized Notifications For Incoming Coversations (Via Rule Engine)
- Facebook: Comments, Ad Comments, Dynamic Ad Comments, Messages, Mentions, Ratings, Rated Comments, & Visitor Comments.
- Instagram: Comments, Ad Comments, & Mentions.
- Twitter: Mentions, Messages, Retweets, & Quoted Tweets.
- LinkedIn: Comments.
- YouTube: Comments.
- Google My Business: Questions & Reviews.
- Brand Keywords: Tweets.
These notifications can also be customized by sentiment, media, and text contents in the rule engine.
- Desktop (Browser)
Troubleshooting Engage Notifications
If you are not getting any Browser notifications for your conversations & in-conversation activity, here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot.
- While you're in the Engage inbox, click on the lock icon next to the URL bar & ensure that notifications are allowed. Reload your browser once you update your settings.
- Additionally, you can also navigate to site settings and enable notifications from the menu.