Notifications are very critical for managing conversations on social, especially with a team. We have extensively covered the use of notifications and their functionality in our article "Introduction To Engage Notifications"
Before we continue, ensure you've read the following articles:
Steps For Setting Up Engage Notifications
As we've seen in the "Introduction To Engage" article, there are two kinds of notifications in Engage. One kind is the internal activity on Statusbrew and the other is the customizable social notifications. We'll cover the steps to set up both of them here.
Steps To Set Up Statusbrew Notifications
These notifications can be set for:
- Conversation assigned to you
- Activity on the assigned conversation
- Mention anywhere in Statusbrew
Here are the steps to set up the internal activity Engage notifications in Statusbrew:
- Hover over the profile avatar at the bottom left of your screen and click on Your Account
- Click on Notification Settings from the left side nav, choose the desired options and click on Save button
Here's how notifications in mobile will appear
Here's how the notifications in desktop will appear
Essential check to enable desktop (browser) notifications
- Allow the 'Show notifications' browser prompt from app.statusbrew.com
- In case you've blocked them previously, click on the lock symbol beside the address bar and choose to Allow notifications
- Reload your browser when prompted to apply updated notification settings
If your team uses Slack, you can also push the notifications to your desired Slack channels.
Learn about Statusbrew's Slack Integration.
How To Set Up Custom Notifications Using Rule Engine
These Notifications can be set for:
- Facebook: Comments, Ad Comments, Dynamic Ad Comments, Messages, Mentions, Ratings, Rated Comments, & Visitor Comments.
- Instagram: Comments, Ad Comments, & Mentions.
- Twitter: Mentions, Messages, Retweets, & Quoted Tweets.
- LinkedIn: Comments, Mentions.
- YouTube: Comments.
- Google My Business: Questions & Reviews.
- Brand Keywords: Tweets.
Here are the steps to set them up:
- From your Statusbrew Home, click on Rule Engine
- To add a new rule, click on Add Inbound Rule button in the top right corner & give your new rule a name
- Select your desired social profile(s) & profile groups.
- In conditions, add the type of conversations you want to be notified about.
- Next, under Action(s), add the type of notifications you want to receive and fill in the following particulars.
- Once done, save your rule
You can customize these notification rules with other conditions, such as assigning and tagging to create your own workflow in Engage. Learn more: Rule Engine (Moderation Rules)