In this article, we will explore strategies for defining Rules to manage ad comments, direct messages, reviews automatically, and mentions on social networks.
Before we begin with this article, make sure to go through the following to make the most out of Statusbrew Rule Engine.
Best Practices For Using The Rule Engine
Here are some of the best practices for using the Rule Engine to automate your inbox.
- Auto Tag Conversations with Rules
- Manage Views
- Auto Manage Custom Inboxes
- Manage Spam with Rule Engine
- Automate Customer Service with Rule Engine
- Set Notifications with Rule Engine
Auto Tag Conversations with Rules
Tagging your conversations helps you streamline and better manage your inbox. With Rules, you can automate this process and Auto-Tag incoming conversations for your brand.
- Give your rule a name
- Set any condition such as "Message has text" and include phrases like help, urgent, etc
- Select the social profile and conversation type
- Then select the action as "Apply Tag to Conversation" and select the tag(s) of your choice
- Click on Submit
Also, with the help of Tags, you can keep track of the number of conversations that were hidden, deleted, closed, assigned, etc., or any other action that is performed via the Rule.
While creating a new Rule if you wish to keep track of the number of times your rule was triggered, create a rule like you normally do and after you've selected action such as "Hide" or "Delete," select an additional action "Apply Tag to Conversation" and choose a specific Tag.
For instance, if you wish to keep track of the number of conversations that were marked as spam, you can create and add the tag Spam to your rule.
To monitor the action count, go to the Inbound Messages widget in Tag Insights.
You can easily manage the Views you've created, with the help of rule engine, you need to follow these two steps.
1. Edit the rule and add an additional action "Apply tag to message", choose your desired tag & click on submit.
2. Now go to Engage, click Views, and select Create View. Give your View a name and click on Add Filter. Select the filter "Tag" & search for the Tag you've selected in your Rule. Choose to share it with all or specific user/user groups, and now click Save.
Your inbox will appear in the left side pane & all your rule-triggered conversations will be automatically available in this inbox view.
Auto Manage Custom Inboxes
Instead of manually transferring the conversations to specific inboxes, you can automate this process with the help of rule engine. Thi scan be done by -
- Create an inbox and add collaborators
- Now go to rule engine and click on the Add new rule button in the top right corner
- Add your data sources, trigger type and desired filters or conditions
- Now add action as Move to Engage Inboxes and select the particular inbox for this use case
- Click on Submit
Now all the incoming conversations will be automatically transferred to the selected inbox.
Manage Spam with Rule Engine
If you're getting a lot of spam comments on your posts, you can set up a new rule to get rid of spam automatically.
- Give your rule a name and select your desired social profiles
- Set condition "Message has text" & Include phrases like Buy Likes, Buy Followers, Cheap, Fake, etc.
- Select the conversation type and set the action as "Hide Comment"
- Click on Submit
Learn more about spam management in Statusbrew.
Remove Spam Links with Rule Engine
You can automate the process of removing spammy links from your comments section by creating a simple rule.
Go to the rule engine and create a new rule. Add a name, profiles, and trigger type. Now add filter Message Links Count - Is not null, i.e., all. messages where the no. of links in not zero. Only for Ad Comments, you can add another filter, Conversation type is Facebook Ad comments. Add action as Hide comment or Delete comment as per your preference. Now click on Submit to make the rule live.
Automate Customer Service with Rule Engine
Using Statusbrew's Rule Engine, you can easily automate customer service on social. Based on the conditions you define, you can auto-assign conversations to customer service agents.
On Facebook, you can set up Auto Private Replies as well. For instance, you can deliver automatic private replies to user comments, posts, or private messages, based on specific triggers such as keywords or entire phrases.
This feature can also be applied to your Facebook dynamic ad comments.
Set Notifications with Rule Engine
Statusbrew's Rule Engine allows you to configure Notifications for any custom rule. You can set notifications for any conversation type for any profile/profile group and for any users/user groups.
There are four ways Statusbrew can notify you:
- Desktop/Mobile notifications by Statusbrew App
- Email Notifications
- Slack Alerts
- Microsoft Teams Alerts
You can use any or all of the following notification deliveries in any rule. For instance, Slack notifications to the Customer Success user group and e-mail notifications to the Customer Success Manager for the same rule.
To get Slack notifications,
- Select the action "Slack Alerts" and choose your Slack Team
- Now select the Slack channel where you want to be notified and click on Submit
Learn more about Slack Integration in Statusbrew.