Strategies for defining Rules to automatically manage ad comments, direct messages, reviews, and mentions on social networks.
Before we begin with this article, make sure to go through the following to make the most out of Statusbrew Rule Engine.
Best Practices For Using The Rule Engine
Here are some of the best practices for using the Rule Engine to automate your inbox.
Auto Tag Conversations with Rules
Tagging your conversations helps you streamline and better manage your inbox. With Rules, you can automate this process and Auto-Tag incoming conversations for your brand.
- Give your rule a name
- Set any condition such as "Message has text" and include phrases like help, urgent, etc
- Select the social profile and conversation type
- Then select the action as "Apply Tag to Conversation" and select the tag(s) of your choice
- Click on Save
Also, with the help of Tags, you can keep track of the number of conversations that were hidden, deleted, closed, assigned, etc. or of any other action that is performed via the Rule.
While creating a new Rule if you wish to keep track of the number of times your rule was triggered, create a rule like you normally do and after you've selected action such as "Hide" or "Delete," select an additional action "Apply Tag to Conversation" and choose a specific Tag.
For instance, if you wish to keep track of the number of conversations that were marked as spam, you can create and add the tag Spam to your rule.
To monitor the action count, go to the Inbound Messages widget in Tag Insights.
Auto Create Custom Inboxes
If you wish to create a Custom Inbox view for the conversations that fulfill the conditions of the Rule you've created you need to follow these two steps.
1. Add an additional action "Apply tag to message", choose your desired tag & click on update.
2. Now go to Engage, click on the Filter bar & click on Add Filter. Select the filter "Tag" & search for the Tag you've selected in your Rule. Now click on Save Inbox, give your Inbox view a name & click on Save New Inbox.
Your inbox will appear in the left side pane & all you rule triggered conversations will be automatically available in this inbox view.
Manage Spam with Rule Engine
If you're getting a lot of spam comments on your posts, you can set up a new rule to get rid of spam automatically.
- Give your rule a name and select your desired social profile
- Set condition "Message has text" & Include phrases like Buy Likes, Buy Followers, Cheap, Fake, etc
- Select the conversation type and set the action as "Mark as Spam" and "Hide Comment"
- Click on Save
Learn more about spam management in Statusbrew.
Automate Customer Service with Rule Engine
Using Statusbrew's Rule Engine, you can easily automate customer service on social. Based on the conditions you define, you can auto-assign conversations to customer service agents.
On Facebook, you can set up Auto Private Replies as well. For instance, you can deliver automatic private replies to user comments, posts, or private messages, based on specific triggers such as keywords or entire phrases.
This feature can also be applied to your Facebook dynamic ad comments.
Set Notifications with Rule Engine
There are three ways Statusbrew can notify you:
- Desktop/Mobile notifications by Statusbrew App
- Email Notifications
- Slack Notifications
You can use any or all of the following notification deliveries in any rule. For instance, Slack notifications to the Customer Success user group, and e-mail notifications to the Customer Success Manager for the same rule.
To get Slack notifications,
- Select the action "Notify on Slack" and choose your Slack Team
- Select the Slack channel where you want to be notified and click on Save
Learn more about Slack Integration in Statusbrew.