While managing social, your team has to deal with all kinds of conversations. Adding tags to you messages helps you categorize your most important topics, and trends in your inbox. Over time, you'll gather valuable information about the types of conversation which you can see via our Tag Reports.
In this article:
To tag a conversation in Engage,
- From your Statusbrew Home, click on Engage
- Open the conversation you want to add tags for
- Hover over it and click on the tag icon beside the message
- You can now choose from your added tags
Contact Sidebar also allows you to add tags to your contacts. Adding Tags to your contacts makes it easier to segment contacts based on their current stage in the sales or marketing funnel.
Learn more: How To Use Contact Sidebar For CRM
Auto Tag Messages with Rules
Tagging your conversations helps you streamline and better manage your inbox. With Rules, you can automate this process and Auto-Tag incoming conversations for your brand.
- Give your rule a name
- Set condition "Message has text" and include phrases like help, urgent, etc
- Select the social profile and conversation type
- Then select the action as "Apply Tag to Conversation" and select the tag(s) of your choice
- Click on Save
Also, with the help of Tags, you can keep track of the number of conversations that were hidden, deleted, closed, assigned, etc. or of any other action that is performed via the Rule.
While creating a new Rule if you wish to keep track of the number of times your rule was triggered, create a rule like you normally do and after you've selected action such as "Hide" or "Delete," select an additional action "Apply Tag to Conversation" and choose a specific Tag.
For instance, if you wish to keep track of the number of conversations that were marked as spam, you can create and add the tag Spam to your rule.
To monitor the action count, go to the Inbound Messages widget in Tag Insights.