In this article, we'll help you set up & manage custom rules in Statusbrew Rule Engine. These rules would help you automate your social media engagement workflows.
Before we begin with this article, make sure to go through the following to make the most out of Statusbrew Rule Engine.
Setting Up Your Custom Rules
Primary Owner, Owners & Admins can access the Rule Engine in Statusbrew. To set up a new rule,
- Click on the Statusbrew Logo in the top left of your screen to open Statusbrew Home and then click on Rule Engine
- To add a new rule, click on Add New Rule button in the top right corner & give your new rule a name
- Select your desired social profile(s) & profile groups and add the conditions that you want your rule to include or exclude. Click on X to clear the fields
- Next, select your desired action(s) and save your rule by clicking Submit
To edit or delete a Rule in Statusbrew,
- Click on the Statusbrew Logo in the top left of your screen to open Statusbrew Home, and click on Rule Engine
- Click on the three-dot menu beside the rule and click on edit/delete
- While editing, you can change any field or use the X beside any step to discard it
- Click on Submit when you are done editing your rule
The duplicate rule option will create a new rule and copy the exact same structure of the chosen rule. You can then make the required changes and save the new rule. This option is particularly helpful if you want to create a new rule similar to an existing rule with minor changes. It saves you time as you need not fill in all the fields again; instead, you can edit the structure of an existing rule.
To use this option -
- Go to Rule Engine from your Statusbrew Home
- Click on the three dots beside the rule that you want to replicate
- Select the Duplicate rule option and an editing window for the new replicated rule will appear
- You can edit the name and make other changes as per your choice
- Click on Submit and the new rule will be created
Once you've read this article, check out the following:
Best Practices For Rule Engine