Statusbrew users can now view & manage all Instagram Direct Message communications from the Engage Inbox.
But before you start communicating with your fans on Instagram, you need to enable Instagram Messages support in Statusbrew.
Note: Due to the phased rollout of Instagram Messenger API, Currently (Phase 1) only Instagram Business accounts with more than 1K followers and less than 100K followers can manage Instagram DMs with Statusbrew. Check out the Facebook for developers page for more details.
Enabling Instagram Direct Messages from the Instagram App
To ensure Instagram DM access for third-party apps such as Statusbrew, please follow these steps.
- Open the Instagram App on your phone & switch to your business account
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner & then Tap on the hamburger menu (three lines) in the top right
- Now tap Settings & navigate to Privacy > Messages
- Under the 'Connected Tools' heading, turn on Allow Access to Messages
Enabling Instagram Direct Messages from within Statusbrew
As soon as you log in to Statusbrew, you'll see a prompt on your dashboard to refresh access to your connect Instagram accounts. You'll have to refresh access for all your connected profiles to enable Instagram direct messages.
Here are the steps to refresh access for your Instagram Profiles:
- Once you log in to Statusbrew, you'll see a prompt like this
- Click on the Refresh Access button
- You'll now be redirected to a list of all your connected Instagram accounts
- Now click on the Refresh Access button in front of the Instagram account
- You'll be now redirected to Facebook
- Click on Continue as [Name] & follow the prompts to authorize the account
You'll now be able to manage incoming direct messages from the Engage Inbox. To quickly filter all the DMs, use the filter "Type" is "Instagram Messages". Learn more about supported Conversation Types & Sync Rate in Statusbrew.