The all-new Statusbrew Reports truly change the way you create & share reports.
Statusbrew's new Reports Lab allows you to create reporting dashboards that can be easily shared with team members, clients & stakeholders in or outside your organization.
Get exclusive free early access now - Statusbrew's Reports Lab
The External link feature lets you share live reporting dashboards with people who don't have access to Statusbrew.
This means you can now share live reports with anyone you'd want to. make instant changes w.r.t client & stakeholder feedback
In this article:
What Are External Links?
With External links, you can create a shareable public link for any of your reporting dashboards.
Anyone with this shared link can view an interactive view-only version of your reporting dashboard without needing a Statusbrew account.
When creating the External link, you can give it a title, add a description & set the time period for how long the link should be accessible.
Multiple External links can be created for a single reprting dashboard, each with its unique title, description, and expiration date.
All the changes you'll make in your reporting dashboard will automatically reflect in your shared dashboards.
Creating External Links
To create external links for your reporting dashboard:
- Open the reporting dashboard you wish to share
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner
- Now click on the External link and click on the + icon on the top
- Give your link a title & add a description for the viewers
- Now set the expiration date to define how long the dashboard is accessible through the shared link
Note: You can create a shared link without setting an expiration date, but we always recommend setting an expiration date for your shared link for the safety of your data.
- Once you're done setting the expiration date, click on the create button. Now click on the Copy link icon, and your external link will be created and copied to your clipboard.
- You can choose to share the link with any person you'd like to give access to your report
Now anyone with the link will be able to view a live version of your report. All the changes that you make in the report will update & reflect in real-time. But they will not be able to change the data source, add/remove widgets, change the layout, etc.
Note: After the link expires, the report won't be accessible through the external link but will remain accessible to you or your team members who have the access to it.
You can create & share multiple external links for any report. Give them a unique title & description to avoid confusion.
Managing External Links
There are two ways to manage shared links for your reporting dashboards. We'll take a look at both ways.
Managing via Settings
All your shared links can be easily managed from the settings menu.
- Head over to settings from your Statusbrew Home & click on the Shared Links menu
- You'll now be able to see all the active external links along with details such as title, timestamp, create by & permissions
- To delete a shared link, click on the three-dot menu beside it and click on the delete button
Note: Access to the shared report will immediately be revoked for all users who try to access it through the shared link. Deleting a shared external link will not delete or change your reporting dashboard.
Note: If you have multiple shared links for a reporting dashboard, deleting a shared external link will only to the reporting dashboard through that specific shared link.
Managing via Reports
All the shared links you create for a report will be visible under the External link menu. You can choose to copy, view, edit or delete the link from this menu.
- Head over to the report you've created an external link for
- Click on the three-dot menu at the top right
- Click on the External link
- All your external links for this report will be visible here, you can choose to copy, view, edit or delete the link